Help us curate and collate the databases and standards useful for COVID-19 research. Our COVID-19 Collection
is growing, but not yet complete. Join our community curatathon and tell us what's missing. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This record is undergoing active curation and therefore the values may change.
Sickle Cell Disease Ontology
The Sickle Cell Disease Ontology (SCDO) project is a collaboration between H3ABioNet (Pan African Bioinformatics Network) and SPAN (Sickle Cell Disease Pan African Network). The SCDO is currently under development and its purpose is to:
1) establish community standardized SCD terms and descriptions,
2) establish canonical and hierarchical representation of knowledge on SCD,
3) links to other ontologies and bodies of work such as DO, PhenX MeSH, ICD, NCI’s thesaurus, SNOMED and OMIM.
Once complete, we anticipate that the ontology will:
1) be the most comprehensive collection of knowledge on SCD,
2) facilitate exploration of new scientific questions and ideas,
3) facilitate seamless data sharing and collaborations including meta-analysis within the SCD community,
4) support the building of databasing and clinical informatics in SCD.
How to cite this record
FAIRsharing.org: SCDO; Sickle Cell Disease Ontology; DOI: https://doi.org/10.25504/FAIRsharing.kkq6pw;
Last edited: Jan. 8, 2019, 1:37 p.m.; Last accessed: Apr 07 2020 1:21 a.m.
Record added: Oct. 24, 2017, 9:41 a.m.
Jan. 8, 2019, 1:37 p.m.
No support information provided.
No publications available
SCDO Ontology Display
Disclaimer: This widget
availability of the ontology resources in the NCBO BioPortal.
No guidelines defined
Models and Formats
No syntax standards defined
No identifier schema standards defined
No metrics standards defined
Implementing Databases (0)
This record is not implemented by any policy.